The Barnstable Youth Commission, Barnstable High School Green Club, and Sturgis East Environmental Club present:
PFAS and Your Community: A series of short films exploring the impact of PFAS pollution on communities
When: March 25, 2023, 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Where: Sturgis Charter Public School Community Center, 529 Main Street, Hyannis, MA
- Cheryl Osimo, Executive Director, Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition
- “PFAS: The secret toxins in your body” – German multimedia reporter Tim Schauenberg explores the history and pervasivness of PFAS chemicals and what people can do to protect themselves (Deutsche Welle, Planet A).
- “Forever chemicals: The threat of PFAS in our water” – CBS Sunday Morning correspondent Lee Cowan looks at how the chemicals got here, and talks with families, farmers, and health advocates fighting for clean, safe water.
Panel discussion with:
- Julian Cyr, Massachusetts State Senator
- Betsy Young, President, Greater Hyannis Civic Association
- Dan Santos, Director, Barnstable Department of Public Works
- Betty Ludtke, Barnstable Town Councilor
- Dr. Laurel Schaider, Senior Scientist, Silent Spring Institute
Sponsored by the Massachusetts PFAS & Your Health Study.