We are different from other breast cancer organizations. We believe that to eradicate breast cancer we must prevent it. While also important, this does not refer to early detection in the form of self-breast exams and mammography. We are trying to find the causes of breast cancer, so that we can stop it before it starts.
Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition is dedicated to preventing environmental causes of breast cancer through community education, research advocacy, and changes to public policy.
- Create the public and political will to eradicate breast cancer
- Focus on environmental links to breast cancer that will lead to primary prevention of breast cancer.
- Reject the concept of breast cancer as a chronic disease.
- Dispel myths and misconceptions about the realities of the breast cancer epidemic.
- Challenge the commercialization of breast cancer and the use of pink ribbon products as the solution to the breast cancer epidemic.
- Contribute to a broader scientific understanding of the sources of PFAS exposure and potential health effects in both adults and children, through our role as a community partner on three federally-funded research studies.