To learn more about PFAS and PFAS contaminants in drinking water, MBCC invites you to visit PFAS-Exchange – an online resource center from PFAS-REACH (Research, Education, and Action for Community Health), a five-year project funded by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. The project is being led by Silent Spring Institute in collaboration with Northeastern University and Michigan State University. The primary community partner organizations on this study are Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition, Testing for Pease, and Toxics Action Center.
MBCC PFAS Webinars
Through the MBCC Webinar Series, MBCC has hosted leading scientists to discuss the health impact of PFAS exposure. Links to those webinar recordings are provided below.
- “PFAS in Food Packaging and Consumer Products – What Do We Know and What Can You Do?” (January 2023)
- “Looking Back to Look Forward: Environmental Chemical Exposure and Breast Cancer” (December 2022)
- “What’s New with PFAS in Massachusetts and Across the US” (November 2022)
- “Impacts of Community – Engaged Research and Advocacy on Action around PFAS in Diverse Populations” (February 2022)
- “An Update on PFAS in Food Packaging” followed by The Margo Simon Golden Award Ceremony (January 2022)
- “PFAS and Health Effects: Scientists and Activists Working Together” (September 2021)
- “PFAS in Food Packaging and Related Policy Challenges” (August 2021)
- “An Update on STEEP Superfund Research” (June 2021)
- “Changing Public Policy, Protecting Public Health” (May 2021)
- “PFAS in Food Packaging Panel Discussion Recording” (December 2020)
- “PFAS Effects on the Immune System: What Do We Know and What are the Links to COVID-19” (October 2020)
- “How PFAS Activism Has Shaped Public Health Policies in Massachusetts and Beyond” (August 2020)
- “PFAS in the Environment: The International Perspective” (July 2020)
- “Protecting Children from Drinking Water Contaminants: Local Health Studies on Cape Cod” (January 2020)
- “PFAS in Massachusetts Drinking Water: An Update on Research and Regulations” (October 2019)
- “How Everyday Products Can Contribute to PFAS Exposure” (March 2019)
- “PFAS in Drinking Water: An Update” (January 2019)
- “Highly Fluorinated Chemicals in Drinking Water” (May 2018)
MBCC PFAS Fact Sheets
You can download MBCC’s PFAS and Food Packaging Fact Sheet, and PFAS in Drinking Water Fact Sheet.
Have questions? Our PFAS FAQ page has more information about the dangers of PFAS.