Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition (MBCC) will be hosting its annual, statewide Against the Tide athletic fundraising events as virtual events again in 2021. MBCC is planning four virtual events, each with an 8-day participation window during the months of June, July, August, and September.
Virtual Event Schedule:
June 20th – 27th
July 11th – 18th
August 15th – 22nd
September 19th – 26th
The event components include 1-mile recreational or competitive swims, ½-mile recreational swim, 5K or 10K runs, 3-mile walk, ½-mile stand-up paddleboard, and 2-mile kayak. For participants who are looking to challenge themselves, there is an Aquathon option, consisting of a competitive 1-mile swim followed immediately by either a 5K or 10K run. New in 2021, the event will feature a half marathon option for the August event and a full marathon for the September event. Registration is $40 for an individual participant, and $100 for a family registration (up to 5 family members). Join MBCC for the Against the Tide Summer Bundle by participating in each of the four virtual events, and receive a 25% registration discount.
“We are grateful to the many people who continue to support MBCC, and were so encouraged by how well our virtual events were received by participants both locally and nationally in 2020,” explains Cheryl Osimo, MBCC’s Executive Director. “In 2021, we hope that providing multiple virtual options throughout the summer will give even more people a chance to be a part of the Against the Tide events to swim, walk, run, paddle, or kayak in support of breast cancer prevention.”
Virtual Event Highlights:
- Participate on a course or safe body of water of your choosing.
- Participants will have an eight-day window to complete their activity.
- All participants will receive a Participant Fun Pack, including an event t-shirt, medal, swim cap or bib, and sponsor items.
- Swim, Run, and Aquathon participants will have the opportunity to submit their finish times to our event timing partner Second Wind Timing for inclusion on the Event Results Page.
- Opportunity to include a flag in memory/honor of a loved one on the online Mural of Honor.
- Share your “event” photos with us to be included in the Against the Tide photo album on the MBCC website and Facebook page.
- Prizes will be awarded top fundraisers.
To learn more about all of the registration options or to make a pledge, please visit www.mbcc.org/swim.